Jim Seybert's Fool's Box has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://jimseybert.com/blog-foolsbox
and update your bookmarks.

Everything that was here has been posted on the new site. Use the Search Feature to locate the post you're after.

5/30/2008

Flying into a hurricane

I've used the term "into the eye of a hurricane" to metaphorically describe situations, but I can now say I've actually done it. 


We flew into Managua yesterday on the back-end of Hurricane Alma. The flight from Miami was delayed until the storm passed and we scooted in right at the tail end. The flight wasn't all that rough, despite the ominous clouds all around. Could have been the three Mimosa cocktails I had to calm my nerves.

I'm sure there's a lesson or two from all this and once my head gets used to being here I'll start to process them. Perhaps something about the prudence of waiting for storms to pass before moving ahead - but that goes against my nature so we'll just have to wait and see where this leads.

No comments: